Monday, November 2, 2009

Ever the practical one ...

Today I signed up for e-mail deals from all of the major car rental companies. Lenny and I are both big planners, which is one of the many things that make us good travel companions. And yes, I'm getting more and more on board with this project, and more and more excited about it.

It looks like our plan to kick off our travel year by waking up in Oregon on January 1 is coming together, then we'll continue on to Washington that same weekend. We thought about taking Amtrak for this first journey, but learned last night that it's pretty expensive and would take much longer than driving. The trip from San Francisco to Portland alone would be 18 hours (we could do it by car in about 10 hours), and would cost $92 each for the cheapest (not very comfortable-looking) seats. So it looks like we'll be driving.

Unlike Lenny, I haven't been many places, so this will be quite an adventure for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment